I didn't waste any time heading out to the wall to swab some of the paint on.

This first photo shows from top to bottom: Ellen Kennon's Pumpkin Spice , Citron's Sweet Spot and Steamy Romance. I hate to say it but I think Sweet Spot just might have knocked EK's Pumpkin Spice off the list. No final decisions will be made for awhile but I'm really loving both of these Citron colors.
These next two from Citron are called Zorries and Prickly Pear. Again, I love them both. I think I like Zorries a bit better than BM's Saybrook Sage.
These last are of the purple/plum family. The two colors above are BM's Wet Concrete and Silver Fox, the ones I am considering for my bedroom. The bottom two from L to R are Citron's Vintage Velvet and Monsoon. Monsoon is a bit too blue for my purposes. Vintage Velvet is in the running.The majority of my Devine Paint samples arrived at the end of last week. However, they packaged my order into two boxes and UPS seems to have lost one. So the last 5 samples should be here by the end of this week. Devine packages their samples in plastic pouches. Strange and not at all easy to use, in my opinion. As you can see I am not painting huge sample splotches. Once I get all the samples up and really get down to fine tuning my choices I intend to cover my splotches all up with some primer and paint bigger areas of the final choices. This may be a bit difficult since once I open Devine's pouches I'm not at all certain I can store them for reuse later. I'm going to try my best. I may just move some furniture out of the way and go ahead with these and paint larger areas. I have 16 samples however and I'm not sure I really want to do that.
I also ordered 6 more sample colors from Ellen Kennon: Caribe, Slate, Sunset Rose, Lilac Mist, Mushroom and Bark.
I made end up painting the walls of the garage and the basement just so I can use a little bit of all the colors I love :)

2 comments:
LOVE those colors... thanks for the lead on devinecolor.com! We're looking for a shade to paint our main living area in the family of the colors you're considering for your bedroom. I can't wait to see how it turns out! Good luck!
You're welcome!
So far I have tried Ellen Kennon's Full Spectrum paints, Devine Colors, Citron and Benjamin Moore. I guess I shouldn't say I've tried the Devine yet, I have not used my sample packets but I do have them here and they'll be next up on the wall and then the blog.
You mentioned being interested in the same shades we are considering for our bedroom in your living area...so far none of those shown are Devine colors. They're a combo of Citron and Ben Moore.
I'll keep watching for the progress at your home...I hope you don't get bored waiting on ours. It will be awhile before we actually get to the painting stage with our bedroom. We'll probably be doing our kitchen remodel first.
Thanks for stopping by~
Post a Comment