I found these photos on a site and saved them. I like the size of this island and I also like the colors of the island top, counter tops and back splash.This island is 6.5 ft x 9ft. The top for this island is made of Caesarstone and the color is called Jerusalem Sand.
Chris asked me yesterday if an island this size wouldn't dominate the kitchen? This photo shows the amount of space around this island in this particular kitchen. I checked her post and she gives the dimensions of her kitchen as 22x20.While I agree that an island of this size is a large piece of furniture, I think our expanded kitchen space will be able to accommodate it as nicely as the above kitchen does. Our new kitchen area will be approx. 23 feet wide and I'd have to go down a measure to get the length of the area but I think it will be approx. 30 ft. long. The length will include space for our dining room table and hutch. I'll measure that out sometime between now and tomorrow.
This photo shows the granite counter tops and the back splash of her kitchen. The granite is called Kashmir Gold and the back splash is Jerusalem Gold Mosaic tiles that are shaped like staggered tiny bricks. I love it! It's very different and provides a bit of texture in an area that is normally flat. I'm not certain that my color scheme will be gold/cream/tan but those tiny little bricks come in many colors and I'm definitely keeping them in mind for my back splash area.

No comments:
Post a Comment