Ta Da! This is the first of the many paint samples I have ordered to try to help me choose paint colors. Each of these samples has had a second coat so they're in what I'd consider the right consistency for proper representation of their color. Let me introduce you:
These 4 colors are from top to bottom: Ellen Kennons Gustavian Grey. I love this color and I'm pretty sure it will end up being used as a ceiling color in several rooms. The next color is Benjamin Moores Revere Pewter it's a nice color but does not wow me. Then there's BM's Silver Fox, this color has a slight hint of lavendar, I kind of like it paired with BM's Wet Concrete which I'll show in another sampling. Final color is BM's Quiet Moments. It has a blue cast to it and though it's nice it's probably not going to go with any room in the house.
Color on the far left is Ellen Kennons Bronze and it is definitely out of the running. I don't care for the way it looks with the wood trim so it would not do for a living room wall color at all with our wooden ceiling. The color on the right is BM's Pecos Spice and I kind of like this color. A bit more on the rose side than the bronze so it remains on the list.
Color on the far left is BM's Wet Concrete. This color is very definitely in the running as my new bedroom wall color. Maybe even the new master bath wall color. I'm not sure if you can tell but the left half of the sample has a second coat and the right side does not. It covers pretty well on the first coat. I was using a small, cheap sponge brushes so a nice roller could make all the difference. The color to the right is once again the BM Silver Fox. It has just enough of a hint of lavendar in it that I think it would be a good color to paint the walls in our master bedroom closet. Both of these colors are at the very top of the master bedroom paint color list. I'm anxious to get the Devine paint samples. There's a deep purple color (Shantung I believe is it's name) that just may work as the bedroom wall color leaving Wet Concrete as the new master bath color and Silver Fox on the closet walls. Gustavian Gray for the ceilings. The wheels are turning...
These colors are greens. The photo truly does not do these colors justice, refer to the first photo for a better representation of these 3 colors. Top color is EKs Ashen Green. I'm disappointed. The color looked amazing in the sample jar. On my wall, not so much. Way, way too dark. For a paint that does not use black pigments it sure did seem to find some very dark tones. Second color is BM's Kittery Point Green. This color is actually more springy green than it appears here in the photo. It's not a bad color, I just don't see it in my house. The final color is BM's Saybrook Sage. It's not bad and is still on the list.Blogger wouldn't let me upload the final two photos...so on to next post.

2 comments:
I have just painted my bedroom a very similar color to the Wet Concrete (I used Sherwin William's Martha Stewart Signature color #1665. . . can't remember the name, though!) and it inspired a whole big snowball effect, so be prepared! It's really a great bedroom color.
Thanks for the vote in favor of Wet Concrete in the bedroom. I loved this color since the moment I laid eyes on it and I "knew" it would be perfect in my bedroom. Currently we have a deep cranberry on the walls and we've loved it for 10 years. But it's time for a change and we both agreed we wanted to keep the wall color dark...I think the Wet Concrete fills that bill quite nicely!
It will be a bit before we actually get going on all the changes but we will post photos. Keep checking back ~
Post a Comment