Thursday, January 18, 2007

Current Sun Room...Soon To Be Dining Room/Kitchen


This photo shows the door to the sun room open and a peek of what will become the new expanded dining room and kitchen area. This room is 15 ft. wide and 50 ft. long. At present it has 5 sliding doors that lead to the outside. Three of those doors will become exterior walls and the remaining two will be replaced with new French doors that eventually will lead into a new and improved sun room. But that addition is at least 4-5 years after all this work is done.
To the left when you enter the sun room you will see a mess. This room is very cold in the winter unless you leave the French doors open all the time. I am forever shutting them because of the cool breeze that floats into the rest of the house. I blame this on the totally crappy cheap ass sliders the builder put in. We've had the glass replaced in all of them twice in 11 years due to the seal breaking and allowing moisture to seep in and make them completely clouded over. The company informed us the last time that they'd not replace them again. I can't say I blame them. I'll be glad to see them land in a dumpster when we get started on the work. The door you see there leads into the laundry room. This door will be gone. I'd rather have a solid wall and just use the other door to get to the laundry room. The antique buffet will also be moved elsewhere.
The dining table and chairs here will be stored until we once again have a sun room. The other mess you see there is one of our current works in progress. We are recovering 4 chairs that were left in the basement by the builders. They come in handy for extra seating but they needed an overhaul. That mess will be relocated to the lower level work room.
This is the view to the right when you step into that area. It's a mess out there right now. The chair from the living room got moved out here to make room for the Christmas tree. Kylie's wagon is there as well as the tub that we keep our bird seed in.

No comments: