Thursday, January 18, 2007

A couple more views of the sun room

You can see the 3 sliders that we'll be doing away with. The bit of wall between the first door on the left and the second is where the new wall will be put up for the kitchen expansion. The section of kitchen cabinets we'll be moving along with the double wall oven will be along that new back wall. The exercise equipment you can barely see behind the chair will be finding a new home down in the rec room in the basement. The area to the left where the first slider is I hope to put a row of lower cabinets. Right now all my canned goods and other food stuffs are kept in the pantry area in the laundry room. I'd prefer to move these up to the actual kitchen. It's a pain to have to go down to the laundry room to get a can of corn when you're preparing dinner. Ideally what I'd like to have is one tall (floor to ceiling like we already have) cupboard that has the pantry shelving in it and then four lower cupboards for additional storage. I'm almost positive that we can get cabinets that match what we have exactly. If not...there'll be no additional cabinetry going into the expanded kitchen other than an island. I can live with that...but I'd rather be able to get the additional cabinets.

This is another view that shows how long the sun room actually is. Definitely a long and narrow space any future sun room will have a much different foot print.

No comments: