This evening we popped into Home Depot to pick up a large bucket and since we were there we decided to have a look around at the tile, granite, marble area and see what we liked and didn't like. This was our first time to be in any store that had these things available to look at since we made the decision to do a remodel.
We wandered around a bit through the appliance area and I showed John the type of cook top I wanted and then we discussed the merits of stainless steel appliances. He likes them, I hate them. I think they look industrial and I have no desire to deal with the fingerprints. None. W have a white Amana side by side fridge now that works perfectly. I see no reason to get rid of it. We have a white stove with a black door face on it that will have to go because we will be changing to a cook top and double oven set up. Then our dishwasher has a black and white front. All 3 of our appliances are 11 yrs. old and work perfectly. Since the dishwasher/sink area will not be moved I don't see any point in getting rid of the dishwasher until it dies. Even then I doubt it will be replaced with SS.
Then we ventured over to the tile area and found quite a few that we both liked. I didn't take any information down as Kylie was with us and we'd been out and about all day and she was ready to go home and have dinner. But we did come across an entire aisle that had pallets of tile on clearance and we found a floor tile that we both liked for a price that is more than reasonable. Three hundred dollars for enough to do our 19x25 kitchen/dining room space when we finish the remodel. I've looked around the Internet but can't find the tile any place. All I can remember about it is that it was from the DaVinci collection, style Maui and color 5. I googled that and came up with tons of references to Leonardo Da Vinci but not Da Vinci tiles. I must be missing a key piece of information for locating the tile online.
Anyway, we didn't buy it. We wanted to remeasure the area to be sure we had the numbers right. Since it's a clearance item there won't be any returning it or getting more. Making the purchase makes us nervous! It's the first step toward making these ideas a reality. SCARY!!!
I'll let you know if we go through with it and buy it tomorrow~
Saturday, February 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment