From the top L to R: Devine Paints Fog and Skyline. Right below Fog is Devine's Agave. You can see a bit of Ellen Kennon's Gustavian Gray below that.
This is the purple section. The very top color is Devine Paints Shantung. This color is definitely out. It's way too dark for my taste. Below that is BM Wet Concrete and Silver Fox. Third row is Citrons Vintage Velvet and Monsoon. The Monsoon is off the list as being too blue. Final sample is Ellen Kennon's Lilac Mist, which I like a lot.
These two colors are: Top BM's Monticello Rose, which my daughter vetoed and below that is Ellen Kennon's Caribe. I'm kind of liking the Caribe and depending how it looks with the print I ordered that could be the paint choice. Courtney pretty much said for us to paint the room what we want since it's going to become a guest room once she has a place of her own.
These are some blues I tried out. The top color is Ellen Kennon's Slate, love this shade of blue. The middle and bottom colors are from Devine Paints and they are called Tide and Swell. Both are very pretty colors, though I prefer Swell as it is a bit more blue gray.
This section is the more neutral/tan colors. Top L to R: Ellen Kennon's Bronze and Bark. John actually likes the Bronze which surprised me and I do have to admit the color has grown on me as it has dried more thoroughly. Second Row L to R: Ellen Kennon's Terracotta Sand and BM's Pecos Spice. The bottom color is Ellen Kennon's Mushroom.
I'll only be referring to the top 4 colors as the bottom 5 were in the above photo. The top 4 are all from Devine Paints. Top from L to R: Haze and Damask. The next row L to R: Brick and Mesa. I love all 4 of these colors and so does John.
This is what the wall looks like right now! ** I just clicked on this photo and looked at it. This photo once enlarged is the best representation of the colors as I see them on the wall. Closer to reality than the individual sample photos.**I have 5 more samples of Devine paints in various shades of green. I'll try to apply those this afternoon and post photos.
My new living room furniture arrived this a.m. and I'll post photos soon. I love the color of the sectional. That will be a major determining factor is paint choice for the living room/dining/kitchen area. Stay tuned~

2 comments:
And here I am thinking I am the only one who ever painted swatches onto walls! Friends thought I was coo coo.
Yeah, people laughed at me too...but then a few did it themselves when choosing paint colors.
Real life has been a kick in the ass this past year so all of our great plans got put to the side...I'm really hoping we get back to it soon. I really want to get the kitchen and new master bath done!
Post a Comment