Sunday, February 11, 2007

Adding one of these~

This is a Honeywell whole house humidifier. The hubby and I have been sick the last few days and as is typical this time of year we are suffering from lack of moisture in the air.

I sent the hubby out to get some over the counter meds and he came back with those and the humidifier!

Today he is feeling better so he is installing the humidifier. The video that came with it says installation should take about an hour. HA!

Almost 5 hours later and one more trip to Home Despot and he's almost there. Apparently this box had been open and was missing several very key parts. I'm worried that it won't work properly when the hubby gets it all hooked up...but I'm trying to not speak that thought out loud just yet. I think if he had not already installed the main piece to our furnace ductwork he would've taken the whole mess back but opted for just picking up the missing parts to carry on with the job.

I hope this works cause I really don't wanna have to say "I told ya to call the heating and cooling guy". The hubby is quite handy so it'll probably turn out fine. I rarely ever get to say I told ya so.

Here's hoping my poor, dry, burning, aching nasal passages feel soft and supple soon~

**2/13/07 update: My fears were realized...this humidifier did not work. The transformer was junk. In hubby's defense I'll have to blame the fact that he was sick himself and trying to do something to make us both feel better. Otherwise I know he never would've purchased a box that had obviously been opened. I'm assuming that this humidifier had been returned and instead of finding its way back to Honeywell it ended up back on the shelf. Damn the bad luck...ours. Hubby took the unit off our furnace and boxed it back up last night. However, we're getting a major snow/ice storm so I doubt it will be returned today...probably not even tomorrow. *sigh* The good news is that we're both getting better. I guess we'll have a whole house humidifier for the next time~

No comments: