Wednesday, February 07, 2007

New Living Room Furniture Arrived!!

Well, here it is. Ain't it purdy?? I love it, but it sure did swallow up the room!
My beloved rocker/recliner won't fit in the room anymore! Dammit! At least until we knock that stinkin' wall out and give the room an additional 3+ feet to the right of the rocker. Doing that will change the configuration of the room and allow the rocker to come back. At least that is the plan.

When John gets home from work we're going to play around with the furniture and see how things will be when the wall goes down and new carpet is laid that reflects the additional living room space.

Oh and I'm going to whine about the fact that my old end tables DO NOT match the new coffee table (I tried to tell him that when we were buying the stuff but noooooooooooooooo he could not listen then he was sure they were the same...why can he NOT remember that HE is color blind???) Hopefully it's not too late to order the matching end tables...they were being discontinued. If it's too late...I'm going to be pissed.

I'll try to take photos of the furniture rearranging when we do it. It may not happen until the weekend. Depends on how we both feel at the end of the day if we're up to tugging furniture in circles :)

Think I'll go down now and lounge on the pretty new sofa :)

**Why is that we never seem to notice the clutter that is sitting around until we look at photos?

2 comments:

Becka said...

Oh, I love your sofa color. I can't, of course, see the entire room, but the space on the side of the cofee table, facing away from the couch seems rather large and lonely. I think that it would be a welcom spot for the rocker. The rocker would be facing the coffee table and the couch and would make a nice little conversation arrangement.

!-----
! //
! 0
!

LOL, that is my silly attempt at a pictorial representation of what I mean. THe ! and - are your couch. The // is your table. I think you rocker would be lovely placed where the 0 is.

Poppy said...

Thanks...we love the color of the couch too. Even my poor color blind hubby likes it!

The photos don't represent the shape of this room very well. What you're suggesting for the rocker would not work because the television if over that direction and that is the area where you walk through from the front door to the rest of the house. The layout will be changing however when we enlarge the living space down the road.

Thanks for the suggestions though, it's nice to hear what others see. :)