Sunday, February 04, 2007

First Room Up for Redecorating~

My daughter will be 22 in July. Her room at the moment is painted a very dark green color called Holly and has a chair rail border that is bunnies and teddy bears. It was cute when she was 10...not so much almost 12 years later.

She has been away at college for the last 4 years and her room has sat largely unused except for breaks and summers. She graduates in June but will be going on to grad school. We've come to realize that she will probably never live here again full time. With that in mind we have decided the time has come to redecorate her room, make it more sophisticated and not so much childish. This way she can enjoy it more when is here and it will be a more suitable guest room when she is not.

I saw a link to this site that has reproduction prints and I saw one that I really liked, so I ordered it. I plan to use it in Courtney's bedroom. Here it is:


I ordered the 18x13 size and will have it framed. I can't wait till it arrives. With the colors in this print in mind I will begin looking for paint colors and bedding.

Any ideas what direction I should go?

**Adding the link to the company the print was purchased from www.Paris1903.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous poster - great colors. Can't wait to see the whole room!

Poppy said...

Thanks Mindy...it was your site that had the link that led me to this print. I'm not sure what color I want to paint the walls yet but this print is definitely my inspiration piece :) I'll post pictures once I get going.

Chris said...

That's a great print, Poppy. The almost tangerine orange and sage green look great together.

Anonymous said...

Poppy,
Can you tell me the site that you ordered this poster from? It's great ......

Poppy said...

Sure Anonymous...I ordered the print from www.Paris1903.com There's a variety of sizes to choose from. Hope you find something you enjoy. Share if you do :)

K said...

Oooh, love that print!